Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Say it with flowers. Or design. Or both.

When a friend or loved one is going through a trial or experiencing a loss, it's hard to find just the right words to say, or the right thing to do. Some people head to the kitchen and bake up a meal or a batch of cookies. My creativity however seems to end the moment I step in the kitchen, so I like to show my love in other ways.

These flowers were for a remarkable young lady and granddaughter of some dear friends of ours. Hunter was diagnosed with bone cancer this past March, and over the past four months has undergone an aggressive treatment plan to conquer her cancer. Despite the tremendous obstacles that this family has faced, they have demonstrated courage, faith, and determination.

On the morning of a pretty significant surgery for Hunter, I had her on my heart and wanted to do something special. My son and I picked flowers from our garden, and we put together this little vase to leave on her doorstep.

I can only hope to one day have the courage and beauty that this special young lady has.


























No comments:

Post a Comment