Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Dust

I'm excited to share my submission for the "Say Something Poster Project" benefiting Boys & Girls Clubs of America; a poster design competition and gallery show created to give designers the opportunity to use poster design to say something that will inspire, motivate and educate teenaged kids.

You can place your vote (it takes just a few seconds) and see the other submissions here: http://www.saysomethingposters.com/2011/11/29/dust/

And for an inside look at the creation of this chalk illustration, check out this 2-minute time lapse movie (my first try at iMovie!) http://vimeo.com/user9454289

























































So what's the story behind this? I believe that out of even the most hopeless circumstances, beauty and hope and restoration can be found. I've experienced it in my own life, and I have witnessed it in the lives of others. There are many layers of meaning to the phrase in my poster. To some, it may bring to mind an image of God breathing life into man and forming his finest masterpiece from dust. To others, it may evoke images of dust-covered bikes lining the streets of New York ... and firefighters rushing in to sacrifice their lives for another. To others, it may just remind you that it's been forever since you dusted your mantle (wink). Because chalk is essentially dust, I thought that it was an appropriate medium to use for this message.

Whatever it means to you, I hope that this image sends a message of hope and optimism. :)






P.S. Did you vote yet? If not, take a moment and vote here!


No comments:

Post a Comment