Tuesday, December 28, 2010

tiny cards

I hope that you had a fabulous holiday!

This afternoon I happened to spy some great lighting conditions in my oh-so-favorite green room, and I quickly started snapping. It was quite a scene, as it always is when I'm trying to make the most of good light. If you were to turn your head to the right of the frame, you'd see stacks of paper, fabric, tins, and more... the aftermath of each shot quickly set aside. Complete chaos is created in order to capture a photograph with any semblance of order. Go figure.

I'm used to working fast. I'm a working mom with a two-year-old, so free time is not part of my vocabulary. Add to that the short days and sunless winter weather in our beloved state of Michigan, and my photo shoots usually happen on my way out the door to work, or in between pouring bowls of cereal and re-filling the aforementioned toddler's sippy cup. Today though, it just so happened that the optimal lighting conditions also lined up with naptime. In other words, the stars aligned.

Here's a sneak peek at some tiny cards I'll soon be posting to my Etsy store. They are 2" x 3.5" tent-fold cards paired with darling coin envelopes, and will be available in sets of ten. I'm still looking for some good names for them, so feel free to throw any thoughts my way. :)

Have a light-filled day,












No comments:

Post a Comment